Facts, not Fantasy

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Today in the News (4 Jun 09)

First of all, I will not be posting again until June 8th. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am taking some time away from the computer to be with the family and just enjoy myself. Hopefully I can catch you all up on Monday.

Evolution:
If you accept evolution, then you are probably familiar with RNA. Hopefully only those who are willing to accept evolution are also the only ones willing to accept any benefits from it.

The Society for the Study of Evolution, the Society of Systematic Biologists and the American Society of Naturalists are all getting together in Moscow, Idaho to have a conference. Sounds like a busy time. I look forward to hearing more from the 600 presentations!

Vaccines:
I particularly enjoyed this article from the Telegraph, and I agree with the sentiments.

Also, there are tests on-going for a Malaria vaccine. Again, the nearly one MILLION deaths that could be prevented by this is just staggering! I bet they won't be fooled by non-doctor celebrities spouting lies!

Autism:
I was pleasantly surprised by this article talking about how kids can possibly recover from autism. Read the article though! A lot of questions just don't have answers yet. Also, this is a small percentage. For instance, my daughter's neurologist predicts that by the time she grows up, most people will have no idea that she has Asperger's Syndrome. But is that a recovery, or is that a new learned behaviour? I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep posts here respectful. Those that cross boundaries will be deleted, and then placed in a special place for future ridicule.